Thursday, July 6, 2017

Caudalie Divine Oil

It's gotten so hot that I struggled to finish up my giant tub of Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter. At the same time, my dry skin still desperately needs the moisture. For a while I went back to my trusty summer body oil--Yanagiya Anzu Oil--only to find it too is a tad too heavy for the hot weather here. Frustrating, isn't it?

Then I remembered I have two 15mL/0.5fl. oz. deluxe sample bottles of Caudalie Divine Oil, one from a GWP trio that included a 30mL/1fl. oz. tube of Miel de Vigne Hand Cream I reviewed a while back, and the other from the Sephora Favorites 2015 Skin Wonderland kit an angel sent me while I was still in Tokyo.

The Caudalie USA website calls this a "dry oil" for body, face, and hair that's a blend of four different oils, grape, hibiscus, sesame, and argan. I know, I can barely tolerate one oil right now, and the anzu oil is already lighter than both Oshima Tsubaki Oil and Kuramoto Bijin Komeyu Beauty Oil. A blend of four different oils sounds a bit much.

But I tried it anyway and was pleasantly surprised. Indeed this is a rather "dry" oil. It's feather light, and it absorbs fast and completely, leaving no traces of itself save for some delicate moisture on my skin. I'm enjoying it right now, but I don't necessary like it that much.

Wait, what? I'll explain: it's unfortunately heavily scented. Check out the fifth ingredient on the list. Wow! I do admit the fragrance is nice, a sweet floral that's very much high-end perfume, something I'd imagine a tanned Victoria's Secret model would wear hanging out at a yacht party. Glamorous? Definitely. Then I look down at my raggedy t-shirt stained with baby drool and spit-up. Ha. I'll just use up these two sample bottles I have and that's that.

Divine Oil:
INGREDIENTS: VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL*, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL*, ISOAMYL COCOATE*, COCO-CAPRYLATE*, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE*, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER EXTRACT*, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL*, HIBISCUS SABDARIFFA SEED OIL*, ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL*, PALMITOYL GRAPE SEED EXTRACT*, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT*, SOLANUM LYCOPERSICUM (TOMATO) FRUIT/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT*, TOCOPHEROL*, CITRIC ACID*, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, LIMONENE, CITRONELLOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, GERANIOL (107/098).
* Origine végétale - Plant origin - Origem vegetal - Origen vegetal
***List of ingredients from Caudalie USA.

2 comments:

kuri said...

hrm, sounds nice! I'll have to sniff it sometime.
I tell ya, it's a glamorous life!

D. said...

Hi Claire,

The oil does smell really nice, so if you like perfume I'd imagine you might appreciate this. It's just so...not me :/

Oh well.
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts